This policy describes how VieDeDingue Inc. (“Gifing” or “we”) collect, process, use and share personal information and personal data about users and visitor of gifing.com, (the “Website”). In this policy, the term personal data or user information refers to information that relates to an individual or business entity ("users") who are identifiable. Please read this policy and contact us if you have any questions. By accessing or using our Website, you consent to our collection, use, processing and sharing of your personal information/data in accordance with this policy. Our contact details are as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. BASIS FOR COLLECTING USER INFORMATION
In order to (1) enable users to use the Website and (2) operate the Website, we must collect and process personal data about individuals. Our processing of personal data is mainly based on the following principles: We must process some personal data in order to be able to provide our services and to allow users to use the Website. We process some personal data when necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests and those of our customers, when the processing does not violate individuals’ fundamental rights.
2. DATA WE COLLECTWe gather the following:
- Information collected when you visit our Website and set up an account, including your member name and password, your name, your mailing and resident address, email address and phone number. Passwords are collected and stored in an encrypted format by an automated process.
- Information collected when you make a content license purchase, including your billing address, payment information and if applicable, your VAT identification number. As noted in the payment section of the Website and our Terms of Service, payment information such as your credit/debit card or financial account number is provided through a secure tunnel interface directly to a third-party payment processor and is not accessible to or collected by us.
- Information you provide us about your business such as company name, company size, business type.
- In addition, we collect information automatically when visitors browse the Website. This information is saved for each interaction with the Website and includes information about devices used to access and data about your interactions with the Website, in particular:
- The operating system and identification number of your device;
- The make and model of your device;
- The operating language of your device;
- The IP address from which your device accesses the Website;
- The country, state, city, and zip code where your device is located;
- Pages visited, actions taken, the number of connections to the Platform, the date of the connections to the Website.
3. Data from Analysis ToolsWhen you access the Website, we collect data provided by analytics tools such as Google Analytics and others. This data may include, for example, sex, age, interests, but it is not associated with you personally and is provided to us in aggregated form.
4. Data from Social NetworksWe collect information from sites or social networking platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, etc.) when users or visitors interact with profiles belonging to us. These sites or platforms are also governed by their own policies regarding personal data which may be different from ours and may be applicable.
5. How we use this informationWe use the above-mentioned information:
- To administer your gifing.com account;
- To process your transactions;
- To communicate with you about your transactions, new products and services including transaction-related communications such as welcome letters, billing reminders, and purchase confirmations;
- To provide customer service;
- To send you requested content, sales or service information;
- To assess the needs of your business to determine suitable content or services;
- To display content that is customized to your interests and preferences;
- To respond to customer content or services requests;
- If you choose to accept this option; to send you a newsletter or information about our content, services, programs and offerings or other information or offers that may be of interest;
- To perform anonymized research and analysis aimed at improving our content, services and technologies, including sending you surveys;
- To run contests, select entrants, and choose prize winners; and/or
- To operate our blogs or comment areas of our Website.
6. Contacting our Customers
We use the personal data provided by our users to contact them about their use of the Platform. We abide by applicable regulations with respect to unwanted electronic communications. If you no longer wish to receive electronic communications, you can notify us at any time at email@example.com.
7. Information sharing
We may disclose your personal information to third-party service providers who perform services on our behalf. For example, we may hire other companies to handle the processing of payments, to provide data storage, processing or management, to host websites or computer servers, to fulfill orders and shipments, to assist in marketing, to the Affiliate Program, to conduct audits, etc. Those third-party service providers (1) are permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to provide the service; (2) are required by us to protect personal information to the same extent as we do and as required by applicable law, including, if they process personal information of persons residing in the EU, the GDPR; (3) are permitted to use such personal information only for the purposes for which it is provided to them, and (4) are prohibited from using it for any other purpose.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- As required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or comply with law, protect your safety or the safety of us or others, investigate fraud, defend ourselves from legal claims, or respond to a government request;
- If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets;
- To our legal counsel and auditors; or
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
We may use our own cookies and those of third parties, as well as other tracking technologies to facilitate Website users use of the Website, for example, to keep track information regarding Website users’ preferences, Website activity and profile information and the IP address of the devices the Website users use to access the Website. The information enables us to link such information to the Website users’ accounts and provides verification of their identifying information. Cookies and other tracking technologies are also used to collect general usage and volume statistical information that does not include personal information.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but provide controls that allow you to block or delete them. Instructions for blocking or deleting cookies in other browsers may be available in each browser's privacy or help documentation. But please be aware that certain features and capabilities of the Website depend on cookies, so if you choose to block cookies, you may not be able to use those features or capabilities, and your preferences that are dependent on cookies may be lost. If you choose to delete cookies, settings and preferences controlled by those cookies will be deleted and may need to be recreated.
9. How do we store personal information?
We keep some personal data on behalf of our customers, which may delete their data from the Website at their convenience. We do not keep copies of personal information that we process on behalf of our users after It is deleted from the Website other than for backup purposes, at the request of the user.
We keep personal data that is provided by our customers’ representatives until we are asked to destroy it or up to a maximum of 6 months after the relevant customer closes their account on the Website.
Personal information is stored electronically on our servers located in various locations, depending on the location of our users. These servers are operated by our hosting providers. Personal data collected about individuals located outside of Canada may be transferred to Canada. Canada is recognized as an adequate jurisdiction for the transfer of personal data from the European Union.
User information is hosted by our hosting provider, which agrees to use reasonable security measures to maintain the integrity and confidentiality of this information. Our employees and service providers are aware that the personal data collected through the Website is confidential and are informed about the appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access to this personal information.
10. Access your information
To access the information we collected or hold about you, or to rectify incorrect information, you may make a request in writing to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request promptly (within 30 days of receipt), allowing you to access your personal data or information that is under our control.
11. Withdrawal of Consent
If you wish to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data, please notify us in writing at email@example.com.
You may always choose not to provide personal information, but if you so choose, you may be ineligible to use our Website, or participate in or complete transactions on our Website and/or certain other services may not be available to you.
12. Objection to processing
In certain circumstances, depending on your place of residence, you may have the right to object to the processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interests. You may object to the processing of your data in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you reside in the European Union, you have the right to lodge a complaint about the processing of your personal data with a supervisory authority responsible for the protection of privacy. The competent authority may vary depending on your country of residence.
If you reside outside of the European Union, this policy shall be governed by the laws applicable in Canada and the Canadian authorities shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any complaint or proceedings.
We reserve the right to verify the identity of individuals requesting access to personal data. Any information collected to perform this verification will not be used for any other purpose.
15. Updates to This Policy
We may update this policy from time to time to reflect changes in our personal data management practices. If this policy is modified, the new policy will be available on our website.
16. Additional information
For any additional information concerning the processing of your personal data, you may contact us using the contact information at the beginning of this Policy.